Friday, August 3, 2012

Braised Cinnamon Cabbage


As promised here is the braised cabbage recipe. Next I'm working on a quick kimchi (not even sure if I'm going to be allowed to call it that since I'm planning on using green cabbage instead of napa pre-made can of chili-garlic sauce instead of making my own with fish sauce). I'm excited since this will be the first dish I will attempt to ferment, which is a great way to introduce probiotics into your diet. 

On the other hand, I'm also a little nervous that it might erupt into a massive bacterial colony that will take over my kitchen. But if something did go horribly wrong, its alright because I move out of this apartment in a few days. It'll be the next tenant's problem. GO KITCHEN SCIENCE!  

Ingredients

·      1 Green Cabbage
·      1 Carrot
·      1 Red Onion
·      2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
·      4 Tbsp of favorite fat
·      Tsp Cinnamon
·      Tsp Cumin
·      Dash of Salt

Directions

1.     Chop cabbage and onion into bite-sized pieces slice the carrot on the bias.
2.     Add all ingredients into a crock-pot on high for 4 hours or sauté vegetables in fat then add seasoning and vinegar.
3.     The longer you let it sit, the tastier it gets!

No comments:

Post a Comment